Got bored of your Spotify account already? Well, this is something not possible, because who will even get tired of an amazing collection catering over 30 million songs just at the cost of a click! Over here, I am considering the case that you have found a better music streaming service and now want to cancel out your account on Spotify. No issues! Deleting an account on Spotify is though not as simple as creating it, but it definitely has a way out.
Today in this article, we are going to discuss the fine ways of how to delete a Spotify account, whether you are a freebie or using a paid version. So, without any further talks, let us quickly get onto the context!
Spotify? Is it Worth The Pennies?
Spotify is an easily downloadable application that works on android as well as all iOS devices, which include a mac computer as well. Once you create an account and login using your credentials, you join the global music world, where you can find the music of every type and genre. There exists a paid subscription, which can cost you around $9.99 per month, as well as a free version where you can get access to multiple radio streams, search and create your own playlist and enjoy!
See How to Delete Spotify Account;
If you have now known the most appreciated features of this music application, and you are still convinced about deleting it, follow the step by step guide I have provided below, and you will figure an easy way out to your destination. There you go.
⇒ Steps to Delete Free Spotify Account:
If you have just joined Spotify and it doesn’t make you any happy or serves you properly according to your music choices, you might want to delete your account. To do that, you will have to:
- Browse Spotify on whatever device you are using the application at the moment. Log into it using the credentials you used at the time of creating the account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “About” option. You will find this at the bottom-most left corner of the webpage.
- Now, in the Customer Service Section, click on the ‘Contact Us’ link. Another page would load up.
- You will have to select the ‘Accounts’ category now on the contact us webpage.
- The webpage that now comes will have the tag, ‘I want to close my Spotify account permanently.’ If you think clicking on this tag will delete your account immediately, then you are wrong. You will have to pass through a set of confirmatory steps before Spotify can delete your account. These confirmatory steps are necessary because many mobile spams and scams can remove your account permanently, so to move with it in a professional way, do cooperate with Spotify!
- You will now see a page that has a button, ‘Close Account.’ Tapping on it will take you to another page where you will get a chance to think again. If you are sure about your decision, tap again on the ‘Close Account’ Button.
- Now, a page containing your account information would be displayed. This is to make sure that you are deleting the same account as you planned to delete. Clicking on continue will take you to the final page.
- You will now have to sign the condition that you will lose all your playlists, saved music as well as the account name. Note that you would not be able to register again with the same credentials. After ticking the confirmatory box and clicking continues, you are going to get an automatic verification message.
- FINALLY! Click on ‘Close my account’ in the email and tedah! You have successfully deleted your free version of your Spotify account.
⇒ Steps to Delete Premium Spotify Account:
Deleting a paid account is almost the same as deleting a free one. Except that for a premium account, you will have to cancel the subscription first before you can actually delete your account and all the data within it. To do that, you will have to:
- Browse Spotify onto your computer or mobile phone, and log onto the Spotify application.
- Tap on your name in the uppermost right corner, and then click on the ‘Accounts’ Tag.
- Do you now see another page in front of you? Click on the ‘Subscriptions’ button on this page. You can find it at the bottom of the detailed list given at the right of the webpage.
- Now, you will have to click on the link at the center of the webpage to cancel your subscription.
- Spotify will now take you to another page where you will be asked why you want to cancel your subscription. Enter the appropriate reasons and then continue the procedure.
- You will be taken to another page where Spotify will provide some help regarding the reason you have provided in Stage 4. You simply have to click on ‘Cancel my Subscription’ to take the method onwards.
- FINALLY!: To confirm it’s really you, Spotify will now demand you to enter your password and then finally click on ‘Cancel my subscription.’
For The Readers!
Please keep in note that you can not get back your account name and other saved data at any cost; once you have completed, delete your details. So, make sure you think wisely before vanishing all of your data into the air in a matter of seconds. Also, do not use a VPN while doing all the procedure of deleting your Spotify account since that might lag everything up!
The good thing about Spotify is that they are really community friendly! They give you a duration of 7 days to reactivate your account, in case you change your mind. So, if you want to temporarily cancel your premium subscriptions because of some reasons, you will be able to get all your account details back by clicking on a link sent into your mailbox. However, after those seven days, you can not get your account back in any way.
And for using Spotify again, you would have to create another account with different credentials. That was all about how to delete Spotify account. If you have any queries or concerns, please let me know in the comment box; I will be happy to deal with them. Until then, goodbye! xx